The primary objective of Khalsa University, Amritsar is to expand the frontiers of human knowledge and enrich and elevate the society in its quest for excellence – mind, body and character. In the pursuit of knowledge, innovation, truth and freedom, the University intends to commit itself:
- To establish institutions and schools of excellence and make provisions for research, advancement and dissemination of knowledge in competitive global environment in the areas of Agriculture, Food Sciences, Forestry, Fisheries, Dairy Sciences, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary & Para veterinary Sciences, Engineering, Technology, Planning & Architecture, Civil Aviation & Marine Engg., Commerce, Economics and Business Management, Medical, Paramedical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences, Fashion Design and Textile Technology, Natural Sciences and Applied Sciences, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Law, Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Languages, Mass Communication & Journalism, Sikh History & Religious Study, Tourism & Hotel Management, Visual & Performing Arts, Education and Physical Education or any other courses/programmes for societal and global needs
- To promote and strengthen languages, particularly Punjabi Language
- To promote morality and sobriety of life, to promulgate and to preach teachings of Ten Gurus as contained in Sri Guru Granth Sahib; to follow the dictum of welfare of all
(SARBAT DA BHALA) ; to imbue students of the Sikh faith with idealism and moral disciplines taught by the Gurus, to help them to lead a way of life as will bring credit to the community and the country; to develop the faculty of meditation and of religious faith amongst the masses in general and the student in particular and to produce intelligent/intellectual students and worthy citizens of India
- To establish Sikh History Research Department for undertaking research in untouched avenues of Sikh History and Sikh Culture.
- To provide quality education to the students from educationally backward, rural and border areas.
- To enter into bilateral agreement with advance centers of learning, both in India and abroad.
- To prepare the next generations as skilled and ethical professionals by providing them value based quality education thus enabling them to compete in a diverse world market.
- To collaborate with industry and government agencies for economic and cultural development.
- To provide need based social education for the upliftment of the local communities.